When you put lavender, Rosé, Tequila and Lime Juice in front of me, you know you have one very happy stylist! This was certainly the case when we teamed up with Plum & Oak Photo for #ThePrettyProject collaboration with Terri Wedell of Waters Catering to create signature “His + Her” cocktails!
I usually stick to the basics when I go out- maybe because I am too afraid to venture away from my favorite Sangria, or maybe because I don’t want to try anything with ingredients I don’t know anything about! But one of the best parts of my job is when I get to try new things. So when Terri sent over some delicious sounding drink inspiration, I was itching to get in the kitchen right away!
I am so excited to share what Terri came up with and hope this gives you some inspiration for signature cocktails for your big day!
Her Cocktail :: The Lavanda- Sita
Ingredients: Sparkling Rosé, Hibiscus Puree, Muddled Basil, Lavender Essential Oil, Vodka Spritz and Fresh Basil Garnish
- Muddle basil and dried lavender in a shaker with 2 oz of Hibiscus Puree
- In a spray bottle, add 2 oz Vodka and 1 drop of Lavender Essential Oil
- Spray Vodka and lavender mix inside a champagne flute
- Strain and pour hibiscus puree mix into the champagne flute and top it with chilled Sparkling Rosé
- Garnish with a pretty and petite basil leaf!
His Cocktail :: The Lorenzo
Ingredients: Mezcal, Muddled Fresh Cucumber, Celery Leaves, Jalapeño, Lime Juice, Agave Nectar, Cucumber and Black Sea Salt Garnish
- Shave an English cucumber lengthwise until you have a pretty slice
- Put the slice inside the glass so it sticks to the side and has a portion that rises above the glass
- Dip the edge of the cucumber slice that is sticking above the glass in lime juice and pat black sea salt on the edge
- Muddle 2 cucumber slices, 1 small bunch of celery leaves and 2 slices of jalapeño in a shaker with 2 oz Lime Juice
- Add 2 oz Mezcal and 1/5 oz Agave nectar
- Shake and strain over ice into glass. Viola!
I think the next time I step into a bar I am going to pick a cocktail on the menu with the longest name and strangest ingredients. You never know, it may end up being my next favorite suggestion for “Her” cocktail, pretties!
XO // Kelsey